The classic pasta baked up in a cheesy casserole.
Perfect for a quick, weeknight dinner!
There are also lots of options with this dish:
- Leave out the Italian sausage and have it meatless
- Substitute the Italian sausage with ground beef or turkey.
- Instead of crumbled meat, top with favorite cooked meatballs.
- Add in chopped peppers, mushrooms,spinach or whatever your favorite veggies are.
- Get a bit healthier and use whole wheat pasta.
- Double the recipe and split into two 8 inch pans. Cover and freeze the second pan and have it on a later date. Defrost and uncover before baking in the oven.
- It's a great way to use any leftover cooked spaghetti noodles and sauce you have in the fridge.
- It's easily prepped beforehand. Make up the dish in the morning, cover and stick in your refrigerator until dinnertime. Just be sure to uncover before baking.
It's sooo good my friends! You will not be able to have just one plate of it.
Dig in and enjoy...
- 8 oz dried spaghetti noodles or approz 4 cups cooked spaghetti noodles
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 8 x 8 in baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- In a skillet, brown Italian sausage until no longer pink. Drain. Set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to the package. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Toss spaghetti with egg, 1 cup of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Spread spaghetti mixture on the bottom of baking dish.
- Sprinkle cooked sausage on top of noodles, then, Evenly spread top with spaghetti sauce. Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Let it stand about 5 minutes before serving.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Total time: 35 mins.