This is another recipe that my Mom has made for years. It has become a family favorite here too. It's a great cake to make for fall and the holidays.
Mom's Apple Cake
- 1 box, yellow cake mix, plus ingredients
- 2- 21 oz cans apple pie mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9 x 12 cake pan with non stick cooking spray Spread apples on bottom on the pan.
- Make cake mix according to the box directions. Pour cake batter on top of apples.
- Melt butter with water and pour on top of cake batter. Bake for 50-60 minutes or toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 1 hrs. 15 mins.