My family is simple. We live simple. We eat simple. My husband, for example is the plainest eater ever. No, really,..ever. He does not like ketchup,mustard, BBQ sauce, mayo, syrup, salt...it took me almost 10 years into our marriage to get him to try spaghetti sauce. Plain, regular spaghetti sauce. He does eat it now, but, sparring ling. That's OK though.
It does make cooking easy. OK, a bit boring sometimes, but, easy. That is probably why my recipes are plain, but, really easy to add a kick to to them if you wanted. One of my easiest breakfast regulars is french toast. It's quick and it's one of many things that I make a huge batch of and then freeze for a later day.
Now, with this recipe, I can make almost an entire loaf of bread's worth of french toast, so, it's easy to cut in half if needed.
Easy French Toast
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 12-14 slices of thick bread
- butter, for skillet
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat and coat pan.
- Mix eggs, milk, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl or pie plate.
- Dip 1 slice of bread at a time into egg mixture and coat.Put coated bread on skillet and cook until both sides are light brown. Approx 2-3 minutes for each side of bread.
- Serve warm with syrup, fruit or desired topping.
- If desired, you can freeze any leftovers. Just pop frozen french toast in microwave for approx 20 seconds or pop in your toaster to reheat.
Total time: 45 mins.