This is the season. The season for holiday parties, gifts, baked goods, decorations, good will towards all and of course, bacon. Yes, bacon. I like bacon, I do.
We eat alot of turkey bacon around here. It is better for you and they way my 9 year daughter old chows on it, we must eat it the healthiest way possible. When she eats it, or even hears that we will be eating it, she turns into a 9 year version of Homer Simpson when he wants doughnuts. MMMMM...Baaaconnn! She just doesn't love like the turkey kind. She loves the good stuff. The fancy bacon. The kind that costs you $7 for a half pound. It's crazy. She actually told me that everything would taste better if bacon was added to it. I will need to keep a close eye on that kids cholesterol.
Well, I whipped this dip up for the "Holiday Feast" at Mr Plain's work. Basically, everyone brings a dish and the whole place eats like savages for the day. Festive, yes. He's not a dip kinda guy, but, I wanted to try this recipe and what better people to use a guinea pigs for a new recipe than your husband's co-workers? Oh, I tried it.
It's great. Warm, cheesy and yes...Baaaaacccooonnn!
Warm Bacon and Cheese Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sour cream ( or plain Greek yogurt)
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, mix ingredients until combined. Spread mixture in a 1 quart dish. Cover dish.
- Heat dip for 30 minutes or until hot.
- Serve with veggies, crackers or chips.
Total time: 40 mins.