Can we really call this a recipe? Kinda. Sorta.
Let's call it a helpful shortcut, instead. If you are looking for a quick, easy, potato dish..it's here, my friends.
All you need is a bag of tater tots, some onion, oil and some cheese. Of course, adding whatever else you like is an option too..tomatoes, green peppers, cooked sausage or bacon.
Great for breakfast, brunch or side dish for dinner!
Tater Tot Hash BrownPublished 06/05/12
- frozen tater tots ( size will depend on how many people you need to feed)
- chopped onions
- 1-2 TBSP canola oil
- shredded cheddar cheese
- salt/pepper, to taste preference
- any additional personal add ins: tomato, pepper, cooked meat, etc
- Over medium heat, coat a large skillet with canola oil. Let skillet get a bit hot, then, add tater tots.
- Let tater tots get warm and soft for a few minutes. Add onions/
- With your spatula, break up tater tots & onions with spatula and cook until brown.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese before serving.