This is a recipe that was originally shared here on the blog back in 2012. It's one of the most popular recipes here and one of our most frequent chicken recipes at the dinner table.
I wanted to re-share for a few reasons: first, it's a delicious chicken, very easy to put together and just has to be re-shared. I mean, what if you missed it?! Very possible.
Second, I've changed it up a bit since first posting. Not any majors changes, but, a few.
The cream of chicken soup has changed. There is a bit more in this recipe. By the way, if you are looking for a good, store bought condensed cream of chicken soup with no junky chemicals, I use the above brand. No paid endorsement here! I just really like it. Of course, there is always homemade too. Whatever works for you best.
There also has been the removal of the canned cheese soup and it's been replaced with real cheese. Real cheese is just better, right? Other than that, it's about the same, simple and delicious.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt ( sour cream will work too )
- 12 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- garlic powder, to taste preference
- Place chicken in pot. In a mixing bowl, whisk together soup, yogurt and garlic powder until mix completely.
- Pour over chicken and cover crock pot. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken from crock pot, and if desired, cut or shred. Stir cheese into crock pot, and put chicken back into pot.
- Continue cooking until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked thoroughly. Serve over rice or pasta.
Yield: Serves: 6Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Cook time: 06 hrs. 00 mins.
Total time: 6 hrs. 10 mins.