My new love affair with my crock pot continues! This recipe is actually for baked chicken wings, but, I gave it a whirl with my crock pot instead. That was a very good decision. This chicken is tender, juicy, has a little sweetness to it (which my kids love) and a little heat with the hot pepper sauce. But, not too hot for the kids or Mr Plain. We served this with a side of my Chicken Rice. They went great together. But, you could also pair this up with noodles, plain rice or serve it on a sandwich with a nice slice of cheese. Very tasty!
Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup steak sauce ( ex: A1)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- Place chicken in crock pot.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together steak sauce, honey, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hourse.
- Shred chicken and let it marinate in sauce for the last 1/2 hour of cooking.
Yield: Serves: 6Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Cook time: 04 hrs. 00 mins.
Total time: 4 hrs. 10 mins.