After our marshmallow fluff extravaganza last week, I thought posting something a bit less-sugar-inducing overload would be a pretty good idea. Don't worry..more sugary love is coming later this week.
Here is a good break from all the sugar of the season, a casserole that is a perfect dish for weeknight dinner Don't you love those? Mix your ingredients, pour into a dish, bake. Simple! And..this is really delicious.
It's a creamy, with a bit of crunch and and the Swiss cheese is just a perfect punch of flavor. Comfort food at its best.
Chicken and Swiss Casserole
- 4 cups cooked chicken
- 2 cups croutons or dry stuffing cubes ( plain or lightly seasoned work best)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2/3 cup mayo or salad dressing (ex: Miracle Whip )
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 2 quart baking dish.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and spoon evenly into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Total time: 50 mins.