Do not be alarmed. Do not. There are....vegetables in this dish. Yes. Vegetables. Yes, you are on the correct blog (if you are looking for mine, otherwise, you may be on the wrong one, but, please, stay..lots of good stuff here) OK, so, just one vegetable. And cheese. And bread. Because, that is one of the few ways vegetables will be consumed by me.
They are not a favorite of mine. Corn is though. It's a good veggie for me. Yellow veggies are OK. Green.not so much. I blame my parents.(yes, they are aware, my mom just say "eh, what can you do?) As a child, I was forced to eat my veggies before leaving the dinner table. I can still taste the cold,plain, Brussels Sprouts...eck.
This is much better. Crunchy cornbread, creamy corn and topped off with some perfectly lovely cheese. A great way to eat some veggies.
Perhaps, not the healthiest way, but, a way, no less. That's OK by me.
- 15 oz can whole kernel corn, plus 1/2 of the liquid
- 4.5 oz can cream corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 oz box, cornbread mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray/Grease 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, add corns, liquid, sour cream, eggs and cornbread mix. Mix until combined well.
- Pour into prepared dish. Sprinkle top with cheese. Bake 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Total time: 50 mins.