Raise your hand if you like Taco Bell. It's ok. I won't tell anyone. Your secret is safe with me. It's ok to like fast food around here. Here's a shock..I like Taco Bell. Well, love it. It's taken a lot of will power, but, I've cut back. It's filled with junk and the price of fast food? Forget about it. Too much. The next best thing is to just make it at home, right? This tastes the same as a Mexican Pizza at Taco Bell. Here's the good part...you control the meat, beans, cheese, and your toppings. So, go low fat, no meat, extra cheese, your choice. The next time you decide to make a run for the border, give this a try instead!
- Approx 1/2 lb ground beef (or turkey)
- 2 TBSP taco seasoning
- 1/4-1/2 cup re fried beans
- 1/4- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4-1/2 cup shredded cheddar chedar
- 2- 4 in flour tortilla
- your choice of toppings, ex: tomatoes, green onions, olives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Lightly spray foil with non stick cooking spray.
- Brown meat in skillet until no longer pink. Add in taco seasoning and combine well.
- Lay one tortilla on sheet. Spread with beans, then, with meat. Cover with second tortilla.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Spread top tortilla with salsa, then, with cheese and desired toppings.
- Bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.