Ready for this week? The first day of spring is Wednesday..woohoo! Can't wait!
Unlike last weekend,this weekend was much more relaxing and I was able to accomplish a ton. However, it did go by a bit too fast and was a whopping 30 degrees. Considering this time last year, it was 80 degrees...that was a bit of a bummer. But, alas, it was a very good weekend.
Let's break out the crock pot to start off our week. How about some granola? In the crock pot you ask? Yep..in the crock pot! It's very easy and this recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod is delicious. A little sweet, some crunch and it's perfect for breakfast or a snack.
Crock Pot Apple Cinnamon GranolaPublished 03/18/2013
- 3 1/2 cups old fashion oats
- 1 cups almonds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 TBSP honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 TBSP canola oil
- 1 cup dried apples
- In a mixing bowl, mix oats, almonds,brown sugar, ground cinnamon and allspice. Combine well.
- In a saucepan, warm applesauce, oil,honey and vanilla. Pour liquid over oat mixture and coat evenly.
- Pour all into crock pot.Cover crock pot, but, vent a bit.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours, stirring frequently. Let it cool completely , then, stir in dried apples.
- Store in an airtight container.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 30 mins.
Total time: 3 hrs. 30 mins.