I love meals like this. LOVE them. Meat. Cheese.Veggies.Pasta. All in one dish.
Scoop it to serve. You are done.
This meal was unbelievably easy to make. It tasted great, was very filling and it makes a huge amount. You could seriously serve about 10 people with it.
We ate it for dinner and then, Mr Plain brought leftovers to lunch for two days. It's alot! Alot. If you need to serve a big crowd..this is your dish.
This recipe comes from a lovely cookbook that Mr Plain purchased for me, The Mom 100 Cookbook by Katie Workman It's a great resource of recipes for families with or without kids. Heck..even if you cook for yourself..it's a great find.
Give this one a try and feed your family for a few days :)
One Skillet Cheesy Beef and MacaroniPublished 04/10/13
- 2 lbs ground beef ( or turkey)
- 1 TBSP canola oil
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup peeled and chopped carrots
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2-28 oz cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 3 cups uncooked elbow noodles
- 1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups water
- In a very large skillet(it will need a lid), brown meat until no longer pink. Drain.
- Leave meat in strainer for now. In skillet, over medium heat, add onion, peppers and carrots. Cook until tender. Return meat back to skillet.
- Add basil, garlic, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder,tomatoes and water. Increase heat and simmer.
- Stir in elbow macaroni and cover. Reduce heat and cook until pasta is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and cook with cover on until cheese is melted.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 30 mins.
Total time: 60 mins.