A couple of weeks ago, we had a little family BBQ at our place. My sister asked if she could bring a new dessert ( um..of, course..bring it quickly!). It's was a fast, little cake that a friend at work told her to try. It was delicious, fabulous and an all-around super duper cake, we would be insane not to try it. Just paraphrasing, she may of just said "it's really good!".
She whipped it together an popped it in my oven. We waited. and waited. and waited. People were wondering..what's up with this cake? It's been over an hour now. She kept checking it an it, wasn't done yet. Parts of it were...so, my family decides to start picking at the finished parts of the cake. Eating it with ice cream with the cake blazing hot straight from the oven. Desperate? Yes, that's my family when it comes to dessert.
The problem..she mixed the cake with the fruit. Tossed it around and coated the fruit. Don't do that! You will still get a tasty cake, but, it will take a billion years to bake and will look like something from Willy Wonka exploded in your baking dish.
But, make it correctly and you got yourself one seriously yummy cobbler. Warm, with ice cream. Don't forget the ice cream. It's a must!
Cake Mix Berry Cobbler
- 1- box yellow cake mix
- 24 oz frozen fruit of your choice
- 18 oz Sprite/7 Up/ Sierra Mist
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Layer frozen fruit on the bottom of baking dish. Spread out evenly.
- Pour dry cake mix on top of fruit. DO NOT MIX!
- Pour soda on top of dry mix. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Let cake cool for 15-20 minutes before serving.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 1 hrs. 10 mins.