It feels kinda weird posting about ice cream. It is summer, right? It was not even 70 degrees here today. We had the heat on last night. OK..I take all that back. Before you know it, it will be 95 degree, humid and air conditioning will be running on overload. I love 65 degrees! It's awesome! Please..no humidity!
So, hey..ice cream. Yes..homemade. Nope, no machine. It's beyond amazing guys. You need to make this. It is so much better than the carton. All natural. So good. So very good.
My quest started with my sister. She offered me an ice cream maker that has been sitting in her cabinet for 11 years (a wedding gift). Never used or possibility lightly used. She couldn't remember. Anyway, I'm sure she will give it to me, somebody. Probably not. But, for now, I decided to tackle it on my own. In my search, I find David' Lebovitz's post: How to Make Ice Cream Without A Machine. Bingo. It's so very easy, homemade ice cream should be in my freezer on a regular basis. So many possibilities!
Here's David's instructions:
- Prepare your ice cream according to recipe. Chill it over an ice bath.
- Put ice cream in a deep, freezer safe container and put in freezer.
- Check it after 45 minutes. Break up any frozen sections. Beat it up good.
- Return to freezer. Check about every 30 minutes, breaking up the ice. Use a hand mixer if needed.
- After about 2-3 hours, you have ice cream.
Eat and enjoy