We are huge, major, jumbo pasta eaters. Everyone likes it, it's quick and let's face it..cheap. I can buy a good size box of pasta (even the whole wheat version!) at a reasonable price and it feeds all of us for dinner and we can still have leftovers. That makes things a little easier at times, right?
My baked spaghetti is my usual go-to pasta casserole-type dish. I have to say..this was much, much more than that. Wow..much more. It will feed a small army. Makes alot of casserole.
It is cheesy, gooey,creamy and very rich (hence, the name I am assuming). It was even a bit much for a few of my kids. Next time, the cheese may be cut back a bit. I know...cut back cheese?! Never thought that would be something that would be happening in my kitchen. All in all, it is quite delicious and even better heated up for leftovers.
Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole
- 2-3 cups, cooked spaghetti noodles
- 28 oz spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz cream cheese, soft
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream and cottage cheese. Beat until smooth.
- Layer bottom of baking dish with 1/2 with cooked spaghetti noodles. Spoon cheese mixture over noodles. Then, add a layer with 1/2 of spaghetti sauce. Repeat layers.
- Top off final layer with cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or cheese is melted and bubbly.
Yield: Serves: 6-8