Happy September Everyone! If you are celebrating the holiday..hope you are enjoying a nice, long, holiday weekend. Well, even if you aren't celebrating..happy weekend. I'm so happy to be able to participate in this week's #SundaySupper! It's such a great group of bloggers. I love being able to join them :)
This week's theme is fitting...Labor Day and our fabulous host is DB over at Crazy Foodie Stunts.
Labor Day is a of course, a big grilling out day. Most people in the U.S. are off work and to mark the un-official end to summer, they get together and eat. What's better on the grill and chow down on than a nice burger?
Mr Plain (my lovely husband) has always been a big burger eater. Me too. My kids are not. The eat meatballs and meatloaf, but, not, burgers. Is that odd to anybody else besides me? Anyway, our burgers of choice are turkey, occasionally, chicken. We love a good beef burger as anybody, but, due to a few healthy concerns for Mr Plain and to cut back on the fat..we avoid red meat where we can.
These are no ordinary turkey burger, these are paired with mozzarella cheese, pasta sauce and Italian seasonings. They have a nice, zesty, kick to them. They also went wonderful with something my kids do love..pasta. Such a simple little switch and you have yourself a nice burger for your BBQ or weeknight dinner.
Happy Labor Day Everyone!
Grilled Italian Turkey Burgers
- 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chunky Mariana sauce, plus additional for topping
- 6 TBSP grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 dried oregano
- salt/pepper, to taste preference
- mozzarella or provolone cheese, sliced for topping, if desired
- In a mixing bowl., combine all ingredients except cheese. Mix very well until completed combined.
- Once mixed, shape into 4 patties. (or 6 if you are looking for a smaller burger).
- You can grill them or cook in a skillet. Cook 5-7 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Add a slice of cheese, if desired for the last minutes of cooking until melted.
- Drain on a paper towel before serving. Top with more Mariana if desired.
Yield: 4-6 burgersPrep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 40 mins.
Total time: 55 mins.
Please check out the other bloggers participating this Sunday:
Amazing Appetizers and Sides
Enviously Good Entreés
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.