After a little break for the holidays, it's time again for Secret Recipe Club Reveal Day!
My assigned blog this month is Making Miracles.
I have been keeping up with Rebekah's blog for a while now, but, didn't realize until this month that she's been blogging since 2006! Holy Moly. She blogs about food, family and her experience as a surrogate. It's quite a story, so, don't miss her about page!
Rebekah has a serious truck load of recipes on her blog and it took me a while to decide what to make. Just a few things I pinned...Italian Sliders, Doritos Cheesy Chicken Casserole, and Cheesy Pull Apart Bread.
But, alas, my choice was a dessert. A chocolate dessert. I'm telling you, it's a sickness with me. Look at new blog: go to desserts. Go to desserts: find chocolate. A sickness. This is a yummy, little cake that was a snap to bake up. Everything was already in my pantry and it baked up in a little over 30 minutes.
We topped ours off with Homemade Chocolate Fudge Syrup (another SRC gem) and whipped cream.
It was delicious. Yet another Secret Recipe Club hit!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 30-35 minutes
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegtable oil
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray/grease 8in baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt.
- Add in brown sugar, water, vinegar, oil and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle top with chocolate chips.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.