All the great tastes of a meatball sub packed into a delicious casserole!
This casserole is darn simple. You layer your fridge biscuits, meatballs, sauce, then, cheese. That's it..dinner is ready. Well..OK, you still need your veggies.. Those are important. However, adding veggies to this would be super simple. Add yourself a layer of spinach or toss in a few peppers. There you go..dinner!
Now, I used my homemade meatballs with this, but, frozen will work just fine. Whichever you prefer or have time to whip up.
Meatball Sub Casserole
- 9-10 refrigerator biscuits
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 TBSP grated Parmesan cheese
- 1- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 9-10 cooked meatballs, frozen or homemade
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease 8 x 8 in baking dish or line with foil.
- Line the bottom of baking dish with biscuits.
- Sprinkle biscuits with garlic powder and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake biscuits for 5-8 minutes or until somewhat firm.
- Remove from oven.
- Place meatballs on top of biscuits.
- Cover with sauce, then, mozzarella cheese.
- Bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until cooked thoroughly and cheese is melted.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 30 mins.
Total time: 60 mins.