A delicious casserole filled with ground turkey, egg noodle and cheese..
The original recipe for this dish is called Sour Cream Noodle Bake over at The Pioneer Woman's site. Mine has zero sour cream, so, calling it a sour cream bake seemed to make not much sense. Calling it Greek yogurt bake didn't sound quite right either, so, Turkey Noodle Bake it has become.
Oh geez...let me apologize right now for boring you just then. Good grief.
Whatever you chose to call this one, it doesn't matter. It's just really a great tasting casserole that you should make. It's layered with egg noodles, ground turkey with a tomato sauce and cheddar cheese. The noodles are also mixed it with a creamy combo of Greek yogurt and cottage cheese.
It's yummy guys! Give it a try...
Turkey Noodle Bake
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 cups dry egg noodles
- 1 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt/pepper, to taste preference
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet, brown ground turkey. Pour in tomato sauce, add salt/pepper and let mixture simmer for 10 minutes or so.
- Prepare egg noodles according to package. Drain and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together cottage cheese and Greek yogurt. Add cooked noodles to mixture and stir well.
- Assemble in layers in a 8-9 in baking dish or pie plate:
- first layer: noodle mixture second layer: meat/sauce mixture third layer: cheese. Then, repeat layers.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Yield: Serves: 6Prep Time: 00 hrs. 30 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 45 mins.