A creamy, one dish meal that can be on your table in no time at all!
As I look at this dish, it dawns on me that it should really have some kind of vegetables in in. Maye peas? Broccoli? Red peppers? Mmm..maybe carrots? Whatcha think?
Veggies are a weird thing in my house. My kids will eat them with a meal, but, not in a meal. They are OK with a little pile of corn on their plate. But, add corn to a casserole? Good grief..they are shocked, stunned and horrified. "What is that!?!" Um..corn. You like it. Remember? Oh..it's a bit of a battle. So, we keep them separated. Yep, weird.
Anyway, you can totally add veggies to this dish if you that's what your family likes. You can also totally eliminate the kielbasa and make this a meat free dish. Or,take out the meat, add veggies. Hey..a different kind of meat would work too..how about ham?! Whatever floats your boat.
However you decide to cook it up..the mac n cheese is super cheesy, creamy and is really easy to prepare.
Delicious stuff here guys!
Skillet Mac n Cheese with Turkey Kielbasa
- 12 oz turkey kielbasa, sliced into bite size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterrey jack cheese
- 12 oz dry pasta
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- black pepper, to taste preference
- In a large skillet, cook kielbasa pieces until brown. Remove from pan and set aside. Clean out skillet lightly.
- In same skillet, add water, 1 cup evaporated milk, and pasta. Bring to a medium boil. Let is simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently, until pasta is tender and liquid has thicken.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining 1/2 cup evaporated milk with cornstarch.
- Add to skillet mixture and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in cheese. Add black pepper. Stir until cheese is completely melted. Stir in cooked kielbasa.
- Mac n Cheese Adapted From Mel's Kitchen Cafe
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 30 mins.
Total time: 60 mins.