I've got another amazing guest poster this week...
Hi guys. I'm Micha and blog at Cookin' Mimi. I'm one of the co-hosts for Share Your Stuff Tuesdays and I'm glad to be guest posting here on Table for Seven.
There are certain ingredients I keep on hand for quick suppers. Smoked sausage, Polish sausage or Kielbasa is one such item. I love it because you can pair it with pasta, rice, or potatoes. This Smoked Sausage and Pierogi Skillet can be made in about thirty minutes. Smoked sausage, frozen cheddar and potato filled pierogi, bell pepper and onions come together for a tasty, inexpensive, and easy meal.
Serve this with salad and your favorite vegetable.
Smoked Sausage and Pierogi Skillet
- 12-16 ounces smoked sausage, sliced into thin rings
- 1 pound frozen cheddar and potato pierogi. If the larger family sized bag is all you can find this is approximately 12 pierogi
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- Cook the pierogi in boiling salted water for 3-5 minutes or until the pierogi float, drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet
- Cook the sausage, onion, and peppers in the oil until sausage is browned and the onions and peppers are tender.
- Add the pierogi to the skillet and gently toss to combine.