Ah, potatoes. So simple, yet, so delicious.
How do you like your potatoes? Mashed? Baked? Fried? For myself, it's all of the above. I could really eat them a variety of ways. Love those yummy carbs!
My current favorite way to make potatoes is roasting them. They take about 5 minutes to prep them and just 30 minutes in the oven. In a short amount of time, you have one amazing side dish for your dinner or heck, dinner itself.
These potatoes are lightly seasoning with garlic and onion. However, you can keep them even simpler with some salt/pepper or really go to town with your seasonings. Try them with a little lemon juice, rosemary, Parmesan cheese, oregano, or some parsley. Tons of possibilities.
I like to pair them up with this fabulous chicken and dinner is ready to go in under an hour.
But, these will go with just about anything you are serving.
Simple Roasted Potatoes
- 2-3 lb bag, yellow baby potatoes (Red will also work too. I like to stick with any type of smaller potato for easier/quicker cutting)
- 2 TBSP canola oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt/pepper, to taste preference
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Then, grease foil well.
- Cut potatoes into quarter pieces and place into a large bowl.
- Drizzle potatoes with canola oil and spices. Toss them together and coat potatoes well.
- Spread potatoes on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tender. About half way through, stir potatoes to make sure they cook evenly.
Yield: Serves: 6Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 30 mins.
Total time: 45 mins.