A super easy, delicious, cake with white chocolate and tons of banana flavor..
Whew..it's been a week. Nothing too overly stressful, but, busy. Lazy days of summer?! That person obviously has never been to my house. A sick kid, loads of library programs (who signed up for all of those!?) a trip to the museum, trips to the pool and some nice, blistery 90 degree weather to go with it all. As I said, not stressful, but, we've been going, going, going, all week.
I just want to sit back this weekend and do nothing. Of course, Sunday is Father's Day and my husband just wants to relax at home. Sounds perfect to me too!
To end the week on a delicious note, we've got dump cake. Not an attractive description for a cake, but, it does makes sense. You dump your ingredients into pan and bake. Easy peasy.
This one is no different. We have a layer of bananas, white chocolate and for a different twist, banana bread mix. Not a cake mix. Using a cake mix would probably work for this too, but, the banana bread adds lots of flavor to this cake, so, I recommend using it. If you can't find any, go ahead with a yellow cake mix.
This is best served warm with a nice dollop of whipped cream on it. I also topped ours with a little caramel sauce and walnuts. So fabulous and really delicious!
Banana Bread Dump Cake
- 4 medium size bananas ( still firm, not overripe )
- 12 oz bag white chocolate chips
- 5 oz evaporated milk
- 14 oz box banana bread quick bread mix
- 1/2 cup ( 1 stick ) butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Slice bananas into coin-size pieces, about 1/4 inch thick. Then, layer evenly on the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle white chocolate chips over the bananas. Then, pour evaporated milk over chocolate chips. Sprinkle dry quick bread mix on top of it all.
- Drizzle top evenly with melted butter.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until brown. Let cake cool for 15-20 minutes before serving.
- If desired, serve with a dollop of whipped cream and caramel sauce
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 60 mins.