A delicious cake baked up in your crock pot
and it's bursting with fresh blueberries!
Now, that doesn't mean you have to give up making cake. Come on...that would be crazy!
No, let's just make some cake in our crock pot. That way, you have your cake and do overheat the kitchen. Perfect idea. Am I right? Yep!
To keep things simple, we have made a blueberry cake in the crock pot. Because, blueberries are, well, awesome, and seem to be just about everywhere this time of year. You probably have a big batch in your fridge right now, don't you? I do. My last few trips to the grocery store have been a berry palooza. It's been sooo wonderful.
Well, take some of those blueberries and make yourself some cake this weekend. It's simple, delicious and it will not heat up your kitchen. If you do not have any fresh blueberries on hand, go ahead and use frozen. They will work just the same. Dust them with about a tablespoon of flour before adding them to the batter and you are good to go.
Crock Pot Blueberry CakePublished 06/10/2016
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup (4 TBSP) butter, melted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup blueberries, divided
- Spray your crock pot/slow cooker with non stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper/crock pot liners.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together sugar and butter. Add in milk to combine. Stir in flour and baking powder. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of blueberries.
- Spread batter evenly into crock pot. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of blueberries.
- Bake on high for 3 hours or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- When done baking, remove crock pot insert and let cake cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 3 hrs. 10 mins.