An amazing chocolate cake with a decadent Dulce De Leche topping.
We've got cake. It's chocolate. It's not only topped with Dulce De leche, it is also baked into the cake too. Dulce De leche is just so darn delicious. It is possibly one of the greatest inventions ever too. Yes, even better than the telephone or Internet. OK, that might be stretching it. But, it's good. Soooo gooood.
This cake is really amazing. It's a fudgey, chocolate delight (always a good thing) and has a nice, gooey,caramel-y, topping. Sprinkle a few walnuts on top and you have just made it even better.
Dulce De Leche Chocolate CakePublished 06/24/2016
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup dry milk powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3.4 oz package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 13.4 oz can Dulce De Leche, will be divide
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, milk powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add in pudding mix, milk and 1/2 cup of Dulce De leche. Mix for about 2 minutes or until mixture is thick and creamy.
- Gradually, add in dry ingredients and mix until moistened. Your batter will be thick.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Take 1/4 cup of Dulce De leche and dollop evenly over the top of the batter. Your dollops should be about a tablespoon each. Then, swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 20 minutes before adding caramel topping.
- FOR CARAMEL TOPPING:
- In a saucepan, heat remaining Dulce De leche (should be about 1/4-1/2 cup left) with 1/4 cup of whipping cream until smooth.
- Pour over top of cake and distribute evenly.
- Let topping cool before serving
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Total time: 65 mins.