Creamy, refreshing and packed with sweet rhubarb..
No ice cream maker needed!
Last season, I made cake with some. This season, we have some ice cream.
Let me tell you guys right now, I love this ice cream. Love it.
It is smooth, creamy and it has some delicious, sweet, rhubarb flavor packed into it. Not too overpowering, just the right amount of sweet.
Let's not forget..it's easy to make and you do not need an ice cream maker to enjoy it. The toughest part of this recipe is having some patience while it sets in the freezer. Otherwise, it's no brainer and you can whip this up in about 30 minutes. So, you need to totally go get yourself some rhubarb and make this incredibly refreshing ice cream. You will not regret it.
It's perfect for a warm, summer day!
No Churn Rhubarb Ice Cream
- 3 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook rhubarb and sugar until rhubarb is soft and sugar is completely dissolved. This should take about 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Then, with a blender, food processor or stick blender, puree rhubarb until smooth. Place in refrigerator to get cold for about 15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form.
- Stir lemon into rhubarb puree, then, fold into the whipped cream. Place in freezer safe bowl and cover.
- Place in freezer until sets. At least 4-6 hours before serving
Yield: Serves: 6Prep Time: 00 hrs. 30 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.