Perfect for weeknight dinner..
Sweet chicken mixed with cheddar cheese and bacon..all wrapped up!
This month my assigned blog was Fantastical Sharing of Recipes. Sarah has not only an amazing blog filled with tons and tons of recipes, she is the owner of the Secret Recipe Club...aanndd, she has three small children. Goodness, she is one busy gal.
As for Sarah's recipe index. I kid you not, everything looks amazing. Between my daughter and myself, we picked about 10 of her chicken recipes alone to try.
Here are just a few that I've bookmarked from her index:
- Slow Cooker Tex Mex Chicken
- Ultimate Cinnamon Buns
- Dulce De Leche Cheesecake Bars
- Pepper Jack Potato Soup
- Birthday Cake Oreo Cake Mix Cookies
Ultimately, I went with her Sweet Chicken Bacon Wraps. I did do these a bit differently than the original recipe, but, it just my method. The spice mixture is totally the same.
The basic spice blend is brown sugar, cumin and garlic. For Sarah's recipe, she cut up her meat, then, cooked them up in a pan with the spices. I kept my chicken breast whole, cooked them in my skillet with the spice blend, then, cut the pieces after they cook. Tossed them with my cooked bacon (yum) pieces, loaded up my tortillas and sprinkled with cheese. I also grilled our wraps. It melted the cheese bit and gave the tortilla a nice little crunch.
These wraps are delicious, guys. The sweet blend with the chicken and the bacon go amazing together. They are also super easy and would be a cinch to prep beforehand to save you some time. We really loved these!
Stop on by Sarah's site and check out sooo many more amazing recipes..
Sweet Chicken Bacon Wraps
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless chicken breasts ( approx 2-3 breasts )
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6-8 flour tortilla shells
- 2 TBSP canola oil
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove from pan and let is drain on a plate lined with paper towel. No need to remove bacon grease from pan. You will use it to cook the chicken. When bacon is drained completely, chopped into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, cumin and garlic powder. Rub both sides of chicken with mixture.
- In the same bacon skillet, cook chicken until no longer pink inside. Approx 5 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and let chicken rest for 5-10 minutes.
- After chicken rests, slice into desired sized pieces. Toss chicken pieces with chopped bacon pieces.
- In the middle of each tortilla, spoon about 1/4 cup of chicken/bacon mixture. Sprinkle with desired amount of cheddar cheese. Fold and wrap tortillas seam side down. Repeat for each wrap.
- In a clean skillet, let oil get hot. Grill wraps for 2-3 minutes on each side.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 30 mins.
Total time: 60 mins.